T-4808 WDM Transmission System
|Код на производителя:
With up to eight transponders in a 1U form factor, in-built EDFA amplifiers, Performance Monitoring, Line Protection and Network Management, the T-4808 is a compact easy to use platform capable of handling all data rates up to and including 10.7Gbps. Four XFP based transponders handle all 8/10G traffic and four SFP based transponders handle all traffic up to 4G. The T-4808 platform is truly a pay as you grow platform reducing network complexity and spare part holding.
The T-4808 is a highly flexible multi-service Metro CWDM and DWDM platform. It can be used to transport storage, data, voice and video applications over dark fiber and WDM networks.
Features and Benefits
- Highly flexible Metro C/DWDM platform for transport of storage, data, voice, and video applications over dark fiber and C/DWDM networks.
- Supports up to 8 channels in a single 1U unit and up to 16 CWDM or 64 DWDM channels when combined together.
- Supports 1G/2G/4G/8G Fibre Channel and FICON, ESCON, Fast Ethernet, 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet, STM-1/OC-3, STM-4/OC-12, STM-16/OC-48, video (DVB-ASI) and GPON in any mix.
- Cost-effective, compact 1U platform with low power consumption.
- Remote management with dedicated optical supervisory channels.
- Pluggable SFP/SFP+ interface for client and SFP/XFP for WDM channels, allowing maximum flexibility as well as ease of maintenance and operation.
- Pay-as-you-grow architecture.
- Supports facility and equipment protection schemes.
- Unique native Fibre Channel/FICON and Gigabit Ethernet performance monitoring.
Designed primarily as a transport/access device, the T-4808 is typically deployed as a feeder/aggregation node in high bandwidth environments. It is designed to support point-to-point, Add/Drop and all ring topologies with multiple protection schemes. Up to 8 high-speed services (100 Mbps – 10 Gbps) can be delivered in a single T-4808 unit. Each service is configured independently using the SmartOptics’ user-friendly Web-based management tool.
The T-4808 is a highly integrated device incorporating full 3R (Re-timing, Re-shaping and Re-amplification) for all data-rates.
Optical transceivers, both on the service side and on the WDM-uplink side, are pluggable and fully replaceable allowing pay-as-you-grow budget planning and simplified maintenance.
The T-4808 is highly suitable for applications such as:
- Metro WDM networking
- Interconnection of SAN islands over remote metro sites
- Aggregation of CMTS, DSLAM and Ethernet switch traffic
- WDM GPON extension between central office and local exchange