T-4408 WDM Transmission System
|Код на производителя:
The T-4408 Series is an ultra-compact 1U C/DWDM transmission system for all data-rates and all protocols between 100 Mbps and 4.25 Gbps. Sixteen SFP cages allow up to 8 traffic channels with a further two cages available for optical surveillance. 3R regeneration is available as standard for all protocols meaning that the T-4408 can also be used as a repeater. Performance Monitoring is available for Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel.
The T-4408 is a highly flexible multi-service Metro CWDM and DWDM platform. It can be used to transport storage, data, voice and video applications over dark fiber and WDM networks.
Features and Benefits
- Highly flexible Metro C/DWDM platform for transport of storage, data, voice, and video applications over dark fiber and C/DWDM networks.
- Supports up to 8 channels in a single 1U unit and up to 16 CWDM or 40 DWDM channels when combined together.
- Supports 1G/2G/4G Fibre Channel and FICON, ESCON, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, STM-1/OC-3, STM-4/OC-12, STM-16/OC-48, video (DVB-ASI) and GPON in any mix.
- Cost-effective, compact 1U platform with low power consumption.
- Remote management with dedicated optical supervisory channels.
- Pluggable SFP interface for both client and WDM channels, allowing maximum flexibility as well as ease of maintenance and operation.
- Pay-as-you-grow architecture.
- Supports facility and equipment protection schemes.
- Unique native Fibre Channel/FICON and Gigabit Ethernet performance monitoring (T-4408-PM).
Designed primarily as a transport/access device, the T-4408 is typically deployed as a feeder/aggregation node in high bandwidth environments. It is designed to support point-to-point, Add/Drop and all ring topologies with multiple protection schemes. Up to 8 high-speed services (100 Mbps – 4.25 Gbps) can be delivered in a single T-4408 unit. Each service is configured independently using the Smartoptics’ user-friendly Web-based management tool.
The T-4408 is a highly integrated device incorporating full 3R (Re-timing, Re-shaping and Re-amplification) for all data-rates.
Optical transceivers, both on the service side and on the WDM-uplink side, are pluggable and fully replaceable allowing pay-as-you-grow budget planning and simplified maintenance.
The T-4408 is highly suitable for applications such as:
- Metro WDM networking
- Interconnection of SAN islands over remote metro sites
- Aggregation of CMTS, DSLAM and Ethernet switch traffic
- WDM GPON extension between central office and local exchange